Tuesday, August 14, 2007

In Sickness and in Health

I have recently acquired a nasty cold and respiratory infection. It started Sat morning with a sore throat and has progressed and worsened. It was to the point that I had to call in sick to work yesterday. In 5 yrs at my current job, I have called in no more than 3 or 4 times. I had the feverish chills and nasty old man cough. My schmeldings reminded me of why we keep them and take good care of them. They snuggled up with me all day in bed. Sometimes they worked in shifts. The boys always made sure that one if not both were taking good care of the momma cat. The only kitten that did not participate was Stubby, the old gal. I couldn't help but worry if they could possibly catch a human virus. I know that most likely they can't but, one can't help but wonder. I was very thankful to have my own version of pet therapy curled up right next to me in my bed yesterday. It really does make a difference. They love us humans both in sickness and in health, and especially when they are really hungry! I did make it to work today. Hopefully getting back to normal will help me feel better before my cruise next Thursday! I noticed last night Big Daddy started feeling yucky. Normally only one of us get sick at a time! Our 2nd anniversary will be Tuesday, so maybe we will be back to normal by then.

No comments:

Subscribe To Our Wonderful Blog

Pampered Kittens